To build a bridge and foster the bonds between Ajman University and its alumni around the world to ensure a lifelong and mutually beneficial relationship.
AU Alumni Affairs Office is a non-profit entity committed to serving the interest of AU graduates and to promoting communication and bonds among them and their alma mater.
In pursuit of this goal, the Alumni Affairs Office adopts four principles:
The Alumni Affairs Office strives to enhance and foster bonds of solidarity and camaraderie among its members.
The Alumni Affairs Office endeavors to instill in its members a sense of commitment to the Alumni Association and to Ajman University.
The Alumni Affairs Office aims to instill in its members a strong sense of social responsibility through community-centered volunteer work.
The Alumni Affairs Office considers excellence as one of its major goals. The office sets a number of policies, processes and tools to achieve these goals, maintains a solid interconnection and provides excellent services to AU graduates.
The Alumni Affairs Office has the following objectives:
- Develop communication between the University and its alumni on one hand, and among the alumni themselves on the other hand, in accordance with the University's philosophy and vision.
- Establish and foster a basis of lifelong professional and personal relationships between the University and its alumni.
- Develop and promote the Office within the university and engender goodwill, understanding and support for the university in the wider community.
- Provide the alumni with opportunities to contribute to and participate in the decision-making process at the University through platforms that allow them to express their viewpoints.
- Keep in contact with professional bodies and alumni organizations mainly to identify alumni career opportunities, in line with the University's principle of bridging barriers between academia and society.
There are two administrative bodies, which run the Alumni Association:
- The Alumni Council consists of 14 members who are AU graduates elected in a general assembly. Its role is to represent the alumni in the decisions pertaining to activities and services. The Council consists of a president, a vice president, an executive assistant and a public relations officer, in addition to ten members representing AU colleges who meet three times annually.
The Alumni Affairs Office is the executive body of the Association. It consists of the Alumni Affairs Office staff, which implements the decisions taken by the Alumni Council and ensures the execution of activities.